ISSN 1679-5458 (versão Impressa)
ISSN 1808-5210 (versão Online)
Aim and Editorial Guidelines
Guidelines for publication
2. Preparation and submission of papers
2. 1. Forwarding Letter: The covering letter should mention: a) the section of the Journal in which the paper submitted is to be included; b) a formal statement that the paper has not been previously published; c) a formal statement that the paper is not being considered for publication by another journal. The letter must be signed by the author and all co-authors.
2. 2. General Presentation: The manuscript should be submitted in triplicate (original, containing the name of the author(s) and two copies with no reference to the identity of the author(s)/institution), typed in Microsoft Word, double-spaced , using 12 pt. Times New Roman font, on white A4 (212 x29 7 mm) paper and with margins of at least 25 mm on all sides. All pages should be numbered consecutively in the upper right-hand corner, starting from the title page. A CD containing the complete manuscript in MS Word (Windows) and Excel files for graphics should be enclosed, with the author retaining a copy. The label must contain the name of files, programs, and main author's name. Only original articles may also be sent via e-mail to . The file attached must be no larger than 1 Mb and may include up to 5 figures.
2. 3. Style: Articles should be written in concise, clear and correct formal language with no colloquialisms. The English version should be as faithful as possible to the original. Authors are required to read and fully comply with the Rules for Publication when preparing originals.
2. 4. Number of Pages: Articles submitted for publication should contain no more than 15 pages of text, a figure that includes the title page or cover page, the summary page and references. Tables, Charts and Figure Captions (illustrations: photos, maps, graphs, drawings etc.) should be on separate pages and numbered at the end of the text in Arabic numerals in the order they are mentioned in the text. Authors should make sure that all tables, charts and figures are cited in the text and in the correct sequence.
2. 5. Title page: The title page of the manuscript should include only the following: concise, informative title of the article in both Portuguese and English, containing no more than eight words; b) full name without abbreviations of authors, with highest academic degree of each; c) name of department(s) and institution(s) to which the authors are affiliated; d) name of the institution to which the work should be credited; e) mailing address of the first author for correspondence with editors; f) mailing address of the principal author for correspondence with readers; g) acknowledgement of the funding agencies, if any; h) email address of the first author.
2.6. Illustrations (graphs, drawings and photographs) should be limited to five figures, preferably in suitable electronic format such as Excel, Harvard Graphics, or other, contained within the Word document and also as separate files numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals. Photographs should be supplied in high definition digital format (JPEG). Captions should be clear, concise, placed below the illustrations or photos and be preceded by the corresponding number. Approximate locations in the text where images are interspersed as figures should be shown. Tables and charts should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals and the captions positioned at the top. In the text, references should be indicated using Arabic numerals.
2.7. Summary: both the summary and abstract, each with descriptors, should be printed on the second page of the manuscript, with the rest of the text on the third page. Articles in Spanish are required to be accompanied by summaries in both Portuguese and English.
2.8. The manuscript should be organized as follows:
a) The title of the article will be in the language used in the manuscript and, in the case of articles in Spanish or Portuguese, in English.
b) Name of the author and collaborators must be in full, with their corresponding credentials and qualifications as footnotes.
c) Summary length: 200 words; descriptors (up to 5 keywords for the identification of the content of the study) should be taken from DeCS (Descriptors in Health Science) at the site of BIREME in http://www.bireme.br, link health terminology. and Abstract with keywords in English.
d- Text: the text itself should comprise an introduction, development and conclusion (or closing remarks). The example below shows how an article should be structured:
- Introduction: This should contain an overall exposition of the topic, objective(s) of the research and the review of the literature;
- Development: core of the paper, in which the subject is expounded and demonstrated. It should include methodology, results and discussion;
- Conclusion: the final part of the study, based on the evidence that is available and pertinent to the purpose of the study.
1) Research Work
Introduction and proposition
2) Case Report
Introduction (Intro. + proposition)
2.9. The quotations and references should be in accordance with the Vancouver referencing system.
2.9.1. The quotations should follow the sequential numbering system used in the body of the text.
2.92. References should be made as in PubMed.
Autor (res). J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Dec;67(12):2599-604.Author (responsible)Bottom of FormBottom of Form
DECLARAÇÃO DE RESPONSABILIDADE
A assinatura da declaração de responsabilidade é obrigatória. Sugerimos o texto abaixo:
Certifico(amos) que o artigo enviado à Revista de Cirurgia e Traumatologia Buco-Maxilo-Facial da Faculdade de Odontologia (FOP/UPE) é um trabalho original, sendo que seu conteúdo não foi ou está sendo considerado para publicação em outra revista, quer seja no formato impresso ou eletrônico.
Datar e assinar
Observações: Os co-autores, juntamente com o autor principal, devem assinar a declaração de responsabilidade acima, configurando, também, a mesma concordância dos autores do texto enviado e de sua publicação, se aceito pela Revista de Traumatologia Buco-Maxilo-Facial da Faculdade de Odontologia (FOP/UPE).
Download Declaração de Responsabilidade
[Home] [Sobre la revista] [Cuerpo editorial] [Instrucciones a los autores]